A Mother's Dream Guest House
The owner of Guest House Okaasan-chi has been active in community engagement and development for decades because of the love for her hometown. She always wished that more could be done in regenerate the area...and then with the support and encouragement of her family she took the plunge...transforming her home into a homestay-style guesthouse to host visitors from around the world!
Okaasan-chi can be roughly translated as "Mom's House", reflecting her desire to make guests feel at ease, as part of the family: as in your mom's house. The guestrooms are on the 2nd floor, are named after her children who used them as bedrooms before moving out, such as her daughter "Kasumi" (who is bilingual in English and lives across the street with her young family). On the first floor is a communal living room (great to hangout in!), shared toilet and bath.
The house is located ~10 minutes walk from JR Asso station, in a rural neighborhood. There are shops nearby including a grocery store. From this location busses connect to Shirahama, Kii-Tanabe and the mountainous areas of the Kumano Kodo such as Takijiri-oji and Kumano Hongu Taisha.
◆ IMPORTANT NOTICE ◆ We will be closed until further notice.
Guest House Okaasan-chi
984-3 Assou, Kamitonda-cho, Nishimuro-gun,Wakayama Prefecture,649-2105
184 111 034*41
15:00 - 20:00
|Number of Rooms||3|
● Futons are laid-out on the floor.
● Entire house is non-smoking.
- ● Only shower use available (no bath use): 5:30~10:00 15:00~22:30
● Sink use: 5:30~10:00, 15:00~22:30
● Hairdryer: 5:30~10:00, 15:00~22:30
Please respect other guests privacy and space.
● Instant foods, snacks, and drinks on sale.
● Free coffee and tea.
NOTE: the kitchen is not available for use by guests.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Japanese. Daughter speaks English.
- ● Free WIFI
● Toiletries for sale 30 yen: Toothbrush, shaver, etc.
● Travel essentials such as rain poncho, insect repellent, etc. on sale.
● Washing and drying machine: one use 150 yen. (includes washing detergent)
- Shuttle service
- Access Information
- ● ~10 minutes walk from JR Asso station/Asso station bus stop.● Nearest bus stop is "Ikuma-guchi 生馬口", which is about 10 minutes ride from Kii-Tanabe station.● ~3 minutes walk from "Ikuma-guchi 生馬口" bus stop.NOTE: Ask at the information center next to the Kii-Tanabe station for bus timetables.
- Shuttle Service
- Shuttle available from Kii-Tanabe station or Shirahama Station. Please make request when making the booking request.
- Free for 2 vehicles.