Minshuku Tsugizakura is named after the nearby Tsugizakura-oji, an ancient shrine with centuries old trees along the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route. The Nonaka-no-Shimizu spring, one of Japan’s 100 famous waters, is just around the corner.
Minshuku Tsugizakura is a simple home that was turned into a guesthouse at the beginning of 2011 by the Yuba family. Mr. Yuba is a professional chef and worked all over Japan before returning to his hometown in the mountains to open this minshuku - which is why the traditional Japanese meals here are so delicious!
403-1 Nonaka, Nakahechi-cho, Tanabe City, Wakayama Prefecture, 646-1401
478 241 856*27
15:00 - 17:30
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
- Supper & Breakfast
- Supper, Breakfast & Lunch box
|Number of Rooms||3|
Ensuite toilet: No
Shared western style toilet: Yes
No smoking: inside or out.
NOTE: Your futon will be laid out for you when you are eating. Therefore staff will enter your room during meal times.
● No TV in every room
● Private bath. Please take turns with other guests. Remember to lock the door to the bath.
● Bath available until 8:00 in the morning. Only shower in morning.
How to take a Japanese bath.
|Meals served in dining area from 18:30~.(Japanese style “Kaiseki” meal)|
|Meals served in dining area at 7:00. If you are leaving before 7:00 a bento breakfast will given you the night before. Please inform the accommodation on arrival of your departure time.|
● NO GLUTEN FREE MEALS AVAILABLE
● Minshuku Tsugizakura is not able to accommodate Type B, C, D and E vegetarian. Also vegetarian meals may not be available during busy times. Thank you for your understanding.
- Vegetarian Meals
Type A Meat No Fish &
Yes Eggs Yes Dairy
Yes Katsuo Dashi
Facilities & Services
- Free WIFI (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Japanese only. Basic English explainations in accommodation.
- Lunch box
- Shuttle service
● Shared refrigerator (“Nonaka no Shimizu” bottled spring water, free)
● Washing and drying machine available (laundry detergent free)
● Free Wifi
- Access Information
By public bus (Nearest bus stop is “野中いっぽう杉 Nonaka-Ipposugi”)
Busses run daily to Nonaka-Ippousugi
● From JR Kii-Tanabe station: 65 minutes to Nonaka-Ipposugi, by Ryujin bus and 25 minutes walk. Bus timetable (bus timetable 1)
● From Hongu area: 45 minutes to Nonaka-Ippousugi, by Ryujin bus and 25 minutes walk. Bus timetable (bus timetable 2)
More bus timetables.
● One minute walk from Tsugizakura-oji and Nonaka-no-Shimizu spring
From Nonaka no Ippousugi: 3 minutes walk to Tsugizakura-oji
● In front of the thatched roof Toganoki-jaya, next to Tsugizakura-oji, is a staircase through the forest down to the road below and Minshuku Tsugizakura.
- Shuttle Service
Pick-up/drop off available from/to Kumano Kodo Nakahechi Michi-no-Eki, Chikatsuyu-oji, and Kobiro-oji. Please make arrangements in advance.
Free parking is available near the minshuku. (up to 10 vehicles)