10:00 departure, March~November, 90 minute tour (10 or more guests) [until February 2024]
Traditional Boat Tour
This tour begins at the Kawabune Boat Tour Center in Kumanogawa Village and finishes in Shingu close to the Kumano Hayatama Taisha. There is a stop half way down if river conditions permit.
View the giant rock in the middle of the river, where the Kumano deities supposedly play the Japanese game Go. There are numerous waterfalls visible along the route. Depending on the time of year, a diversity of birds can also be seen.
◆This plan should be used when 10 or more adults apply.
● Please arrive by 9:30 as there is a brief orientation.
NOTE: Please use the toilets before the trip as there are no washrooms along the way.
Tours Minimum Passenger Limit● December~February tours run with 6 passengers or more.
● April~June tours run with 4 passengers or more.
● July~November run with 3 passengers or more.
※ If there are not enough people registered tours do not run.
Luggage Storage & Shuttle● Luggage can be stored at the Boat Tour Center or transfered to Kumano Hayatama Taisha at the end of the tour. There is no cost for these services.
※ Please do not leave valuables in luggage.
Inclement Weather● If it rains, tours still runs.
● Tours may be cancelled because of specific weather conditions such as storms or floods.
● Rain ponchos are on sale for 300 yen.
● In the case of rain, it is best to bring your own rainwear and a plastic bag to protect your carry-on baggage.
Tour CancellationIf tours are cancelled because of bad weather, your credit card will be refunded full price of the tour.
Boat Charter● Charter boats are available on request.
Please contact us for more information.
- Access Information
- ● The Kawabune River Boat Tour Center is located at the Michi-no-Eki Dorokyo-kaido Kumano-gawa.● The nearest bus stop is “Michi-no-Eki Kumano-gawa 道の駅熊野川”● Busses run daily from Shingu and the Hongu area including Yunomine Onsen and Kawayu Onsen. The 8:31 (Yunomine Onsen), 8:39 (Kawayu Onsen) bus is perfect for those travelling from the Hongu area. (bus timetable #3, #4)*Parking is available.*Visitors can be shuttled from Shingu back to the Kawabune River Boat Tour Center after the trip to pick up their vehicle.
- Free Parking