Luggage Shuttle Service Takijiri area to Takahara area
Luggage Shuttle (Kumano Kodo Shuttle Service)
Takijiri-oji is the spiritual entrance to the sacred Kumano Mountains and the start of the UNESCO World Heritage registered Nakaechi section of the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route. This is a popular place to start walking.
Takahara is a ridge top community overlooking the Hatenashi Range.
● IMPORTANT: Daily luggage shuttle service needs to be booked at least one week in advance.
● Price is based on number of per pieces of luggage.
● There is an additional charge for each additional piece of luggage.
● Please place this price plan into your cart and input the number of pieces of luggage in the request/comments box during the reservation request process.
Takijiri area to Takahara area
Pick-up Location and Times
Luggage pick-up is available from 7:00~15:10. Other pick-up times can be arranged.
Possible pick-up locations:
● Kumano Kodo Kan Pilgrimage Center, across the river from the Takijiri bus stop.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Center does not run this luggage shuttle service, but rather another service provider.
This center is only a meeting point for you and the luggage shuttle staff.
Please do NOT give your luggage to the Kumano Kodo Kan Pilgrimage Center Staff, but DIRECTLY to the luggage shuttle staff.
For pick-up at Takijiri-oji a SET TIME needs to be organized, and kept.
Please include what bus you will be taking from Kii-Tanabe, and the time it arrives at Takijiri-oji when making the reservation request.
If there are changes to this time, please inform us as soon as possible.
Please do not leave valuables in your luggage. Carry them with you.
● Drop-off is only available at accommodations in Takahara area (eg. Kiri-no- Sato Takahara Lodge, Tenku-no-Satoyama)
● Please inform us of where you are going to stay.