Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using the KUMANO TRAVEL Community Reservation System.
Please note that using the reservation system indicates that you have accepted these terms. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use the website.
We suggest that you save/print out a copy for your reference. PDF file >>
II. YOUR CONTRACT
- Your contract with KUMANO TRAVEL begins when you pay for your reservation and ends when you complete your tour/activity, travel service , or stay at an accommodation.
III. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
- Register accurate information into the reservation forms and/or MyPage account.
- Confirm that e-mails have arrived safely. If you do not contact us to let us know that you have not received them we will assume that you have.
- Maintain the confidentiality of your MyPage account information and your password. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- Make your payment on time to confirm your reservation. Full prepayment is needed.
- Print out and bring with you the "Voucher" from your MyPage account. You may be asked to show them to the accommodation or service provider.
- Read and familiarize yourself with all of the information associated with your reservation. Please take time to prepare for your trip, including learning about local customs and etiquette.
- For walkers, choose a route that you have adequate experience and physical strength to safely complete. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear, and carry necessary gear. Preparation and planning is the key to a safe trek in the mountains.
- Arrive on time. Japan is a very time-conscious society, so it is important to respect set times for accommodations, tours, travel services, etc. For accommodations serving meals, please arrive by 18:00. If you arrive late meals may be cancelled without refund.
- Contact us via your MyPage account in advance to change/cancel your reservation.
- Abide by the cancellation & change policy.
IV. PAYMENT & CONFIRMATION
Upon receiving the "Processed Reservation Request" e-mail you must pay within 48 hours by credit card to confirm your reservation. Unfortunately, if payment isn’t received by then, your reservation may be cancelled because it is difficult for service providers to hold unpaid reservations.
※ If you think there may be issues with making the payment deadline, please let us know during the reservation request process in the Requests/Comments box.
- Prices are per person unless otherwise specified.
- Prices include all taxes and service charges unless otherwise specified.
- Prices featured on the KUMANO TRAVEL Community Reservation System are subject to availability.
V. CANCELLATION & CHANGE POLICY
- Before 20 days
- No cancellation fee
- 8~20 days before
- 20% of total
- 2~7 days before
- 30% of total
- Day before
- 40% of total
- Day of check-in, service, etc.
- 50% of total
- No Show / No Cancellation / After beginning of service
- 100% of total
- Cancellation/Change requests can be made from your MyPage account.
- Do not contact service providers directly to change or cancel reservations.
- Our office hours are weekdays 9:00 to 17:00 (Japan Standard Time), closed weekends and national holidays. All requests received outside of working hours will be processed the following work day. Cancellation fees are determined when the cancellation is processed.
- Refunds will be directed to your credit card account. Fees from your Credit Card company as a result of cancellation/change are your responsibility.
VI. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN CASE OF
- Accidents: We do not take any responsibility for accidents that occur during the course of your contract with KUMANO TRAVEL.
- Reservation System & Information: In no event shall KUMANO TRAVEL be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or damage resulting from the use of this reservation system, or the information available on it and the Tanabe City Kumano Tourism Bureau website.
- Cancellations, Changes or Delays: KUMANO TRAVEL is not responsible for cancellation, changes, or delays, etc, caused by conditions beyond our control- a "force majeure", mistakes by service providers, or if guests do not fulfill their responsibilities as listed above, such as not arriving on time.
- We do not guarantee to meet all requests for products featured on the KUMANO TRAVEL Community Reservation System. If this is the case, we will suggest the best similar alternative when possible.
- It is possible to have other members in the group during optional tours/activities.
- KUMANO TRAVEL reserves the right to refuse any reservation request for good reason.
- You consent to the KUMANO TRAVEL terms of Security and Privacy.
IX. GUEST FEEDBACK
- You grant us unlimited use of your feedback content including ratings, reviews, and questionnaires.
- KUMANO TRAVEL reserves the right to delete any feedback content if it does not meet our feedback guidelines.
- All ratings and reviews are the personal opinions of guests and do not reflect the views of KUMANO TRAVEL.
- We try our best to keep information on our website up-to-date, but changes do occur. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the information supplied (e.g., model itineraries). If you do notice any errors, please contact us.
- Text, images, illustrations, etc, on the KUMANO TRAVEL Community Reservation System and the Tanabe City Kumano Tourism Bureau website are the property of the Tanabe City Kumano Tourism Bureau, or the original photographer/writer/artist.
- It is forbidden to reproduce, use for business purposes, marketing materials, etc, any text, image, etc, without permission. If you have any questions please contact us.
These terms and conditions will be governed and interpreted in accordance with Japanese law.
Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Wakayama Prefecture Japan.
XIII. ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Service providers may also have their own specific terms and conditions to abide by.
- KUMANO TRAVEL reserves the right to revise and update these terms and conditions at any time.
- Other events or issues not included in the above terms and conditions are covered by the general terms and provisions for Government Registered Japanese Travel Agents.
Official Japanese >>
NOTE: The Japanese version is used in the case of discrepancies with the English translation.
XIV. KUMANO TRAVEL DETAILS
KUMANO TRAVEL is a division of the Tanabe City Kumano Tourism Bureau, a General Incorporated Association (Ippan Shadan Houjin).
- 1-20 Minato, Tanabe City, Wakayama Prefecture Japan, 646-0031
- Office Hours
Weekdays 9:00~17:00 (Japan Standard Time)
Closed weekends and national holidays.
- All requests received outside of working hours will be processed the following working day.
- Government Registration:
Wakayama Prefecture Travel Agency License Number 2-283
Full Member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association (ANTA)
Member of Tanabe City Chamber of Commerce & Industry
※ Licensed by the Japan Tourism Agency in accordance with the provisions of the Travel Agency Law.
Last Revised December 26, 2018