Coastal Community Resort
Arafune resort is a rural, beach front accommodation between Kushimoto and Katsuura with hot spring baths. The name derives from the rugged Arafune coastline near the inn which is part of the Yoshino Kumano National Park.
The building used to be the local Town Hall and has changed ownership and usage over time. In 2010 Ms Watanabe, who used to work at a local hotel, bought the facility transforming it into a focal point to revitalize her hometown. Festivals and gatherings are held monthly for both locals and guests.
They have their own organic garden and seafood is supplied by the neighbouring fishing port.
Arafune Resort’s goal is make everyone that visits feel like family.
2518 Tahara, Kushimoto-cho, Higashimuro-gun, Wakayama Prefecture, 649-4112
324 405 643*12
15:00 - 18:00
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
Oceanfront Community Resort｜Set Dinner Supper & Breakfast
Oceanfront Community Resort｜Delux Dinner Bento-style Supper & Breakfast
Oceanfront Community Resort｜Breakfast
Oceanfront Community Resort｜No meals
Sanitation and Hygienic Measures
|Number of Rooms||34|
● Japanese style room (14 tatami mats): 1 room
● Japanese style room (8 tatami mats): 19 rooms
● Japanese style room with ensuite bath (14 tatami mats): 6 rooms
● Japanese style room with ensuite bath (6 tatami mats): 2 rooms
● Western style room with ensuite bath: 4 rooms
● Barrier-free Mixed style room with ensuite bath: 2 rooms
● Western ensuite toilet: All rooms
Please lay out sleeping Futon by yourself in Japanese style rooms.
● No tooth brush in guestrooms. Available at front desk. (20 yen)
|Meals served in restaurant from 18:00~20:30 (Set Dinner or Japanese style)|
|Meals served in restaurant from 6:40~8:00 (Buffet Style)|
● Able to cater to vegetarians and/or guests with food allergies on request
Please let us know details of what you cannot eat in advance.
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Facilities & Services
- Credit Card
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Basic English
- ● Coin-washing machine, 300 yen, detergent 50 yen
● Massage machine
● Ping Pong
- Lunch box
- Shuttle service
- Luggage storage
Umi-giri Sea Fog
The rocky Arafune coastline is famous for its Umi-giri sea fog drawing photographers from around the country. This beautiful natural phenomenon is best seen at sunrise during the winter months. There are many photos of this calm, and mysterious phenomenon displayed throughout the hotel.
- Access Information
15 minutes walk from JR Kii-Tahara station. (Only local trains stop at this station)
Busses run daily from Kushimoto.
● ~20 min from Kushimoto (bus timetable 14)
● Nearest bus stop is "Tahara Gyokyoukai-mae 田原漁業会前" (5 min walk)"Tahara Gyokyoukai-mae" bus stop is North-East of "Katsuura station". Please contact us for detail transportation.
- Shuttle Service
Available from the JR Kushimoto station or Koza station to Arafune Resort. Please inform us in advance if you need a shuttle.
Up to 30 vehicles (free)