MUI is an older home lovely reformed into a cozy guesthouse steps away from the Kumano Kodo Nakahechi route about 15 minutes walk east of Tsugizakura-oji. The owners moved to the area because of their love of the mountains and desire to live a rural lifestyle. They were inspired to create a place of communication and exchange for pilgrims after their walk on the Way of St. James in Spain. The first thing that guests will notice is the location: a small set of homes, interspersed with tiny, terraced fields surrounded by towering cedars and cypress trees. The second is their pet goat! There are two Japanese style guestrooms on the second floor with communal sitting area, bath and toilet on the first floor. A small yard in front of the house offers a quiet place to sit and relax. Home-made meals are served in the dining area, a renovated building next to the house.
◆ NOTE ◆
From January 2022, guests who would like an early check-in time (13: 00-15: 00), will be charged 1,000 yen per room to be paid at check-in. Thanks for your understanding. If you wish to do so, please indicate so in the remarks column on the booking form.
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
Guest house MUI
Supper & Breakfast
Guest house MUI
Supper, Breakfast & Lunch box
Sanitation and Hygienic Measures
|Number of Rooms||2|
● Please keep quiet after 10pm.
- Bath can be used privately.Bath hours: 6:00 to 23:00
|Japanese style meals served in dining room from 18:00~20:00.|
|Western style breakfast served in dining room from 6:30~8:00.|
Meals served in dining room building next to guest house.
● Able to cater to some vegetarian and/or food allergy requests
Please contact us in advance.
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- English, German
- ● We offer Coffe and tea. Lights out at 10pm on the first floor.● Toothbrush for sale.
● Yukata gown rental (300 yen)
● Washer (300yen)
● Shoe Dryer (Free)
- Shuttle service
- ● Non-smoking facility● Free Wi-Fi
- Access Information
- Guest house MUI is located steps away from the Kumano Kodo Nakahechi route about 15 minutes walk east of Tsugizakura-oji just past signpost number 35.By public bus (Nearest bus stop is “野中いっぽう杉 Nonaka-Ipposugi”)Busses run daily to Nonaka-Ippousugi● From JR Kii-Tanabe station: 65 minutes to Nonaka-Ipposugi, by Ryujin bus and 35 minutes walk. Bus timetable (bus timetable 1)● From Hongu area: 45 minutes to Nonaka-Ippousugi, by Ryujin bus and 35 minutes walk. Bus timetable (bus timetable 2)
- Shuttle Service
- AVAILABLE FROM● Gyuba-doji guchi (Nakahechi Michi-no-Eki)● Chikatsuyu village● Nonaka Ipposugi bus stop
● Doyukawa-bashi bus stopAVAILABLE TO● Kobiro-toge area
● Doyukawa-bashi bus stop
Available Pick up and Drop off Hours
Pick up at check-in: 15:00-18:30Drop off at check-out 7:15-9:00
- Free for one car. Reservation required.Please specify if you need parking when making your reservation request.