Nostalgic Japanese Style Building
Wagaranchi is a classic Japanese building near the JR Kumanoshi train station that was transformed into a guesthouse.
It is over 100 years old and was originally a traditional Japanese style restaurant. It is a two story wooden structure, long and narrow. There are 4 guestrooms: 3 on the second floor and 1 on the first floor. There is a communal kitchen for guests to use.
There is NO BATH in the accommodation, but a “sento” public bath is nearby.
Nostalgic antiques are on display from the “Showa” era (1926-1989), with music and paraphernalia from that generation.
437 Kinomoto-cho, Kumano-shi, Mie Prefecture, 519-4323
17:30 - 24:00
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
|Number of Rooms||4|
● 4 Japanese style rooms.
● Size (9, 8, 6 and 4.5 tatami mats).
● All rooms non-smoking.
● Please lay out the futon by yourself.
- ● NO BATH at this accommodation. But there is a classic public bath nearby within minutes walk.
● This is a great chance to experience a traditional gender segregated community public bath.
● Pictures of the public bath (price not included in price of stay, please pay on site).
|How to take a Japanese bath|
|How to use a Japanese bath.|
Nearby public bath inside.
Neaby public bath changing room.
No meals. Places to eat nearby.
Facilities & Services
- Wired LAN (Guestroom)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Basic English
- ● Free WIFI
● Toothbrush for sale: 100 yen.
● Free use of kitchen: Refrigerator, microwave, cooking pots, cooking utensils, cooking seasonings available.
● Free coffee and tea.
- Access Information
- Less than 10 minute walk from Kumanoshi train station.
- Shuttle Service
- Not available.
- Free up to 3 vehicles.