Hanairodori-no-Yado Kayuu is a waterfront hotel in Taiji village along the Pacific Ocean coastline south of Kii-Katsuura. The six-story building features a variety of rooms including Japanese, Western and Deluxe, each with panoramic ocean views. The suite rooms are inspired by traditional Japanese tea ceremony designs, with subdued earthy tones. The hotel grounds are punctuated with flower gardens and walking paths. Flowers also play are large part in the interior decorations, with beautiful flower lamps made of traditional Japanese washi colors in soft pastel colors throughout the facility. The soothing outdoor hot spring bath is a garden-like setting. The meals are thoughtfully prepared with fresh seafood, a highlight of a stay here. The breakfast buffet includes salad bar, organic coffee, and omelets made to order.
◆ IMPORTANT NOTICE ◆ Sorry, closed until June 30, 2020.
2906 Taiji, Taiji-cho, Higashimuro-gun, Wakayama Prefecture, 649-5171
〒649-5171 和歌山県東牟婁郡太地町太地 2906
324 653 865*25
15:00 - 22:00
Standard Japanese room｜Supper & Breakfast
Standard Japanese room｜Breakfast
Standard Western room｜Supper & Breakfast
Standard Western room｜Breakfast
Karen Japanese room｜Supper & Breakfast
Karen Japanese room｜Breakfast
Karen Mixed room｜Supper & Breakfast
Karen Mixed room｜Breakfast
|Number of Rooms||37|
● Standard Western: 10
● Karen Mixed Japanese & Western Suite: 2
● Karen Japanese Suite: 1
● Kayu-tei Japanese: 3
● Kayu-tei Japanese Premium: 2
● Kayu-tei Mixed Japanese & Western Premium Suite: 2
- Communal Bath Times:
● Outdoor bath (1st floor) 16:00~23:00, 6:00~9:00
● Indoor bath (2nd floor) 15:00~24:00, 6:00~9:00
What is an onsen?
|Meals served in dining room. 18:00 and 19:00 starting time. Please choose when checking in.|
|Meals served in dining room. 7:00 and 8:00 starting time. Please choose when checking in.|
Supper in the summer is a combination of set menu and buffet. (mid-July to end of August)
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Basic English
● Pool open from mid-July to end of August. 8:00~17:00
● Mini-golf (fees apply) 7:00~18:00 (756 yen per person)
● Tennis court (fees apply) 7:00~18:00 (1 court/hour 1620 yen)
- Shuttle service
- Bicycle rental
- Access Information
- Hanairodori-no-Yado Kayuu is located next to the Taiji Whale Museum.
There is a free shuttle service from JR Kii-Katsuura Station (~15 min).
- Shuttle Service
- From Kii-Katsuura Station Shuttle
Katsuura Kaisanbutsu Center
(Katsuura Marine Products Center)
13:10 14:10 15:10 17:00
● Reservations in advance are required.● The 勝浦海産物センター Katsuura Kaisanbutsu Center (Katsuura Marine Products Center) is located across the street from the JR Kii-Katsuura station. Please wait inside the building as the driver will meet you there.
From Hotel to Kii-Katsuura Station Shuttle
Hotel 9:10 10:10 11:10
● Make reservations directly at the hotel reception on arrival.
- Free. Up to 50 vehicles.