Hotel Sunshine is one of the original business hotels in the coastal city of Shingu. Repeat business guests make up a large percentage of customers mid-week who enjoy the laid-back atmosphere. The reasonable price, location, and convenient amenities make it a good choice for tourists as well, including free Wifi in all rooms, free bicycle rental, free breakfast, free washing and drying machines, public sitting area, yakuza robes, free luggage storage, free parking, etc. Nearby are friendly izakaya restaurants and a convenience store. One floor is completely non-smoking! It is a about a 10 minute walk from the JR Shingu station or a very short taxi ride. Hotel Sunshine welcomes visitors to use their facility as a base to explore Kumano.
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
- Single room, Breakfast
- Twin room, Breakfast
- Double room, Breakfast
|Number of Rooms||43|
All rooms western with ensuite bath and toilet.
Single room: 33 (16 non-smoking, 17 smoking)
Twin room: 2 (1 non-smoking, 1 smoking)
Double room: 8 (7 non-smoking, 1 smoking)
● Third floor all non-smoking.
● Room doors not auto lock, please make sure to use key to lock room doors.
● Humidifier available
|●Not available. Izakaya restaurants nearby.|
|Self-serve continental breakfast (bread, coffee, boiled egg, etc) in dining area 6:30~8:30.|
Vegetarians, please choose what you want to eat from what is available at the continental breakfast bar.
Facilities & Services
- Wired LAN (Guestroom)
- Public computer
- Credit Card
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Some basic English
- Luggage storage
- Bicycle rental
- ● Public computer (free)
● Free Wifi entire hotel, including guestrooms
● Public phone in lobby
● Vending machine on 1st floor
● Free washer and dryer (washing detergent ~40 yen available at reception)
● Massage chair 100 yen/ 15 minutes
● Ice available
● Free bicycle rental
● Free luggage storage
● Pay when shipping luggage transport service available (eg. Yamato Transport)
- Access Information
JR Shingu station is located on the south-east coast of the Kii Peninsula.
● Trains run daily from Osaka and Nagoya.
● Busses to/from Hongu area daily (bus timetable 3) (bus timetable 4)
● between 5~10 minutes walk from JR Shingu station
Excite JR Shingu station, turn left. Turn left and cross the railway tracks. Go straight to the traffic lights, turn left. Walk down this main road and you will see it behind the post office on your right. It is in a small alleyway just off the main street.
※ Within walking distance of Aikido Kumano Juku Dojo.
- Shuttle Service
- Not available
- Up to 30 vehicles, in three different parking lots (free)