Onsen Hotel Complex
Hotel Urashima is a central feature of Katsuura Onsen sitting prominently on the east side of Katsuura Bay on a rugged peninsula jutting out into the Pacific Ocean. This hotel complex is composed of four separate buildings (Honkan, Nisshokan, Nagisakan, & Sanjokan) connected by a network of tunnels, elevators and escalators. Guestrooms, especially in the Sanjokan, offer excellent panoramic views. Numerous souvenir shops, karaoke bars, and game centers line the halls. To help guests explore this labyrinth, color coded lines are set into the floor.
Hot spring baths are scattered throughout the facility including the famous Bokido, a natural hot spring bath in a cave overlooking the ocean.
The buffet meals are extensive and sometimes include entertaining Tuna filleting shows.
Even with the large size of this hotel, there is always a quiet spot or hot spring bath to escape to for people that what to relax.
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
Honkan | Supper & Breakfast
Nisshokan or Nagisakan, Supper & Breakfast
Sanjokan, Mountain Top, Supper & Breakfast
Sanitation and Hygienic Measures
|■ This accommodation follows guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
■ Please follow the advice for the public outlined by the World Health Organization when visiting the area.
|Number of Rooms||345|
● Ensuite bath & toilet: All rooms
● Non-smoking room: Sanjokan, Some in Honkan
● No shampoo or treatment in Bokido忘帰洞. Body soap is available.
● Yukata Japanese bathrobe for children are available at the front desk.
● Bokido忘帰洞 5:00~10:00, 13:00~23:00
Men and Woman bath sometimes switch.
● Taki-no-Yu滝の湯 6:00~12:00、15:00~24:00
● Hamayu-no-Yu ハマユウの湯 6:00~12:00、15:00~24:00
● Gembu-do 玄武洞 5:00～12:00, 16:00~23:00
● Iso-no-Yu 磯の湯 6:00～9:00, 12:00~24:00
● Yoho-no-Yu 遥峰の湯 13:00~24:00
What is an Onsen?
|How to take a Japanese bath|
Complete Japanese bath guide.
|Meals served in restaurant from 18:00~21:00 (Buffet Style)|
|Meals served in restaurant from 6:40~9:00 (Buffet Style)|
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Basic English
- Wake-up call
- Luggage storage
● Coin laundry: 300 yen
Washing detergent: 50 yen
Drying machine: 100 yen/ 30 min
● Ping-pong: 500 yen/ 30 min (9:00~22:00)
● Karaoke BOX: 2200 yen/ 60 min (16:00～23:00)
● Outdoor swimming pool (summer season only, pictured right)
● Street style restaurant: Close at 23:30
- Access Information
From Kii-Katsuura Station
● ~7 minutes walk from JR Kii-Katsuura station to the tourist pier.
● 5 minute ferry ride to the hotel. Ferries run often.
※ NOTE: there are days when the boat does not operate, but guests can still take a minibus from the pier to the entrance.
By public Transport to Kii-Katsuura Station
● ~4 hr by train to/from Kyoto
● ~3 hr 30 min by train to/from Shin-Osaka
● ~1hr 30 min by train to/from Kii-Tanabe
● ~1 hr 20 min by train to/from Shirahama
● ~4 hr by train to/from Nagoya
● ~30 min by bus to/from Kumano Nachi Taisha (bus timetable 8)
More bus timetables.
More area maps.
- Shuttle Service
Ferries run frequently between the tourist pier and Hotel Urashima.
The last ferry to Hotel Urashima is 19:30.
Up to 300 vehicles (free)
The parking lot is next to Taiiku Bunka Kaikan 体育文化会館, the sports and culture center. Shuttle service runs from this parking space to the tourist pier.