Riverside Onsen Ryokan
Kawayu Midoriya is one of the larger hotels in Kawayu Onsen and is located at the west end of the village.
There is a mixture of Japanese and Western style rooms. Most Japanese style rooms look directly over the clear waters of the Oto River, which flows through the village.
Behind the hotel there are two mixed gender rock baths nestled in the river bank. An evening soak, enjoying the natural surroundings, is a popular highlight for guests.
The Go To Travel Campaign is an initiative of the federal government of Japan to support the tourism industry which has been hard hit by the Covid-19 pandemic. When you book via the KUMANO TRAVEL Community Reservation System (managed by the The Tanabe City Kumano Tourism) we are receiving the financial support aid on behalf of you and relaying this funding onto the local service providers.
This Campaign in only for Japanese citizens or foreign residence of Japan.
IMPORTANT: Cancellation fees are applied as to the terms and conditions of booking based on the original price plan before the discount.
More information about the Go To Travel Campaign Please read this first before making a reservation request >>
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
Japanese room, Supper & Breakfast
Western room, Supper & Breakfast
Sanitation and Hygienic Measures
|Number of Rooms||90|
Japanese style room: 62
Mixed style room (Japanese and Western): 6
Western ensuite toilet: All rooms
hot water pot, hair dryer, puzzle, cotton swab
|Meals served in restaurant from 18:00~19:30 (Buffet with some Japanese style set dishes)|
|Meals served in restaurant from 7:30~9:00. (Buffet)|
● Able to cater to vegetarians on request
● For food allergies, please ask whether we can cater for your request.
Please let us know details of what you cannot eat in advance.
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Basic English
- 7:00～21:00 shop (7:00～21:00)karaoke box (1 person, 500 yen, 1 hour）Massage chair ( 300 yen each, 20 minutes )massage therapist ( 2000 yen each, 40 minutes )Washer (300yen), drier (100 yen, 20 minutes)
- Wake-up call
- Shuttle service
- Luggage storage
- ● Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available. Can be deodorized on request.
- Access Information
- Busses run daily to Kawayu Onsen from Kii-Tanabe Station, Shingu Station and Gojo.
● 1hr 40 min by bus from Kii-Tanabe Station (bus timetable 1)
● ~1 hour by bus from Shingu Station (bus timetable 3)
● ~4 hours by bus from Gojo (bus timetable 4)
● ~10 minutes by bus from Kumano Hongu Taisha (bus timetable 11)
● 1 minute walk from "Kawayu Onsen 川湯温泉" bus stop
- Shuttle Service
- At 8:00, 9:00, and 10:00 there are shuttles bus to Kumano Hongu Taisha, Fushiogami-oji, and Hosshinmon-oji. (Max 15 passengers)Please let the front desk know the day before.
Free parking available for up to 60 vehicles. Oversized parking available.