Countryside Renovated Inn
Kumano Kodo Inn Hagi is an old shop in the Nonaka area near Tsugizakura-oji just off the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route that has been renovated into a lodging. The three-level building is constructed on the side of a slope. Inside a steep wooden stairway leads to the second and third levels where there is one guestroom each. The first floor has a larger communal sitting area where home-made meals are served. Off to the side is a shower, sink and two toilets that are shared amongst guests. Because of the way that it is built, many people say that it has the atmosphere of a ninja house!
The Go To Travel Campaign is an initiative of the federal government of Japan to support the tourism industry which has been hard hit by the Covid-19 pandemic. When you book via the KUMANO TRAVEL Community Reservation System (managed by the The Tanabe City Kumano Tourism) we are receiving the financial support aid on behalf of you and relaying this funding onto the local service providers.
This Campaign in only for Japanese citizens or foreign residence of Japan.
IMPORTANT: Cancellation fees are applied as to the terms and conditions of booking based on the original price plan before the discount.
More information about the Go To Travel Campaign Please read this first before making a reservation request >>
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
Kumano Kodo Inn Hagi
Supper, Breakfast & Lunch box
Kumano Kodo Inn Hagi
Supper ＆ Breakfast
Sanitation and Hygienic Measures
|Number of Rooms||2|
1 room (max 5 people)
● Please layout the futons by yourself.
- ● Shared shower room. Can be used privately. There is no bathtub onsite.
|Japanese style meals served in communal sitting area.|
|Mixed style meals served in communal sitting area.|
|Sandwich or rice balls. Please choose at check-in time directly with the lodging staff.|
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Very basic English
- ● Refrigerator and Microwave oven available in communal space.
- Lunch box
- Shuttle service
- Access Information
- By public bus (Nearest bus stop is “野中いっぽう杉 Nonaka-Ipposugi”)Busses run daily to Nonaka-Ippousugi● From JR Kii-Tanabe station: 65 minutes to Nonaka-Ipposugi, by Ryujin bus and 20 minutes walk. Bus timetable (bus timetable 1)● From Hongu area: 45 minutes to Nonaka-Ippousugi, by Ryujin bus and 20 minutes walk. Bus timetable (bus timetable 2)
More bus timetables.
Location on the KumanoKumano Kodo Inn Hagi is located between signpost 32 and 33. The entrance is on a road just below the Kumano Kodo trail. The house with the blue roof in a small collection of homes is a good landmark.
● ~10 minute walk west off Tsugizakura-oji and Nonaka-no-Shimizu spring● ~45 minute walk east off Chikatsuyu-oji
- Shuttle Service
- Shuttle available to Nonaka Ipposugi 野中一方杉 bus stop.
- Free parking for one vehicle.