Minpaku Hinokuma has evolved from the owner’s hobbies: building things, travelling, and walking.
He started by building a small wooden hut for a tea house where walkers on the Kumano Kodo section between Tanabe and Takijiri-oji could take a break. Then over a period of 1.5 years he built a small bath house with homemade goemon cauldron bath and a simple cabin for sleeping. The buildings are spread out over a large grassed area.
A simple breakfast is supplied but evening meals must be bought before arriving or eat at a rural Chinese restaurant nearby.
Shuttles are available from nearby train stations: Asso, Kii-Tanabe and Shirahama, plus Takijiri-oji and Takahara.
If you arrive early ask the owner to try blow darts, canoe or his other hobby!
Go To Travel Campaign
The Go To Travel Campaign is an initiative of the federal government of Japan to support the tourism industry which has been hard hit by the Covid-19 pandemic. When you book via the KUMANO TRAVEL Community Reservation System (managed by the The Tanabe City Kumano Tourism) we are receiving the financial support aid on behalf of you and relaying this funding onto the local service providers.
This Campaign in only for Japanese citizens or foreign residence of Japan.
IMPORTANT: Cancellation fees are applied as to the terms and conditions of booking based on the original price plan before the discount.
More information about the Go To Travel Campaign Please read this first before making a reservation request >>
Central Tanabe, Kamitonda, Greater Tanabe
1510-17 Oka, Kamitonda-cho, Nishimuro-gun, Wakayama Prefecture, 649-2101
184 203 374*24
16:00 - 22:00
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
Wooden Cabin | Breakfast
Mini Wooden Cabin | Breakfast
Sanitation and Hygienic Measures
|Number of Rooms||2|
● Mini Wooden Cabin: 1
● Bath Cabin : 1 (Goemon bath・Wooden bath)
● Cafe Cabin: 1 (For breakfast and cooking)
※Kitchen is avaiable for use. No open fire cooking allowed.
- ● Handmade goemon steel cauldron bath (wood fire heated).● Handmade cypress wood bath.
|How to take a Japanese bath|
|Wash before soaking in baths.|
|Western style (hotdog or breakfast set) at 7:00|
● Simple breakfast is supplied
● Evening meals must be bought before arriving or eat at a rural Chinese restaurant nearby.
● If you are being picked up at a train station a stop at a grocery store to buy food is possible.
※Kitchen is avaiable for use. No open fires cooking allowed.
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Facilities & Services
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Japanese only
- Shuttle service
- ● Canoe rental (Free)
● Blow dart (Free)
- Access Information
- Looked in Kamitonda village along the minor Kumano Kodo route that links Tanabe and Takijiri-oji passing by Inabane-oji.
200 meters from Yagami-oji. 2.4 km to Inabane-oji.
- Shuttle Service
- ● Shuttles are available from nearby train stations: Asso, Kii-Tanabe and Shirahama, plus Takijiri-oji and Takahara.
● Maximum of 4 guests for shuttle.
● Please request shuttle and pick-up time at time of reservation request.
- Free parking upto 5 vehicles.