Re-purposed Family Home
Minpaku Kodo is a family home that was re-purposed into a guesthouse. This home is in a residential development around 5 minutes south of the entrance to the Daimon-zaka section of the UNESCO World Heritage Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route. It is a two story building with Japanese style guestrooms on the second floor and a western style guestroom with bunk bed on the first floor. Also on the first floor is a kitchen, toilet, bath and communal sitting area. There are no meals, but instant food and snacks are for sale, and there is a hot spring and restaurant within walking distance. The owner is very interested in visitors and what they think of the area, so much that she is studying English at a local conversation school! She often offers to drive guests to nearby spots such as the closest supermarket.
Go To Travel Campaign
The Go To Travel Campaign is an initiative of the federal government of Japan to support the tourism industry which has been hard hit by the Covid-19 pandemic. When you book via the KUMANO TRAVEL Community Reservation System (managed by the The Tanabe City Kumano Tourism) we are receiving the financial support aid on behalf of you and relaying this funding onto the local service providers.
This Campaign in only for Japanese citizens or foreign residence of Japan.
IMPORTANT: Cancellation fees are applied as to the terms and conditions of booking based on the original price plan before the discount.
More information about the Go To Travel Campaign Please read this first before making a reservation request >>
3392-114 Ichinono, Nachi-Katsuura cho, Higashimuro-gun, Wakayama Prefecture, 649-5301
324 889 630*44
15:00 - 20:00
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
(Go To Travel Discount Plan) No Meals
Sanitation and Hygienic Measures
|Number of Rooms||3|
● 2 Japanese rooms on 2nd floor
● Please lay out the futon by yourself.
NOTE: Guests may be assigned any of the three guestrooms.
- ● Typical household bath.
● Please take turns with other guests.
There is a hot spring facility within walking distance.
● Instant food, snacks and drinks are for sale.
● The owner can drive guests to supermarket on request.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Learning English!
- Not a true vending machine but drinks are for sale.
- Access Information
- ● Nearest bus stop is "Ninose-bashi 二の瀬橋" which is just south of the Daimonzaka bus stop.
● ~5 minutes walk south from the entrance to the Kumano Kodo Daimon-zaka section.
- Shuttle Service
- Shuttle service to places nearby included hot spring bath and grocery store.
- Free for one vehicle.