Re-purposed Family Home
Minpaku Kodo is a family home that was re-purposed into a guesthouse. This home is in a residential development around 5 minutes south of the entrance to the Daimon-zaka section of the UNESCO World Heritage Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route. It is a two story building with Japanese style guestrooms on the second floor and a western style guestroom with bunk bed on the first floor. Also on the first floor is a kitchen, toilet, bath and communal sitting area. There are no meals, but instant food and snacks are for sale, and there is a hot spring and restaurant within walking distance. The owner is very interested in visitors and what they think of the area, so much that she is studying English at a local conversation school! She often offers to drive guests to nearby spots such as the closest supermarket.
3392-114 Ichinono, Nachi-Katsuura cho, Higashimuro-gun, Wakayama Prefecture, 649-5301
324 889 630*44
15:00 - 20:00
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
|Number of Rooms||3|
● 2 Japanese rooms on 2nd floor
● Please lay out the futon by yourself.
NOTE: Guests may be assigned any of the three guestrooms.
- ● Typical household bath.
● Please take turns with other guests.
There is a hot spring facility within walking distance.
● Instant food, snacks and drinks are for sale.
● The owner can drive guests to supermarket on request.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Learning English!
- Not a true vending machine but drinks are for sale.
- Access Information
- ● Nearest bus stop is "Ninose-bashi 二の瀬橋" which is just south of the Daimonzaka bus stop.
● ~5 minutes walk south from the entrance to the Kumano Kodo Daimon-zaka section.
- Shuttle Service
- Shuttle service to places nearby included hot spring bath and grocery store.
- Free for one vehicle.