River Fishermen's Guesthouse
Minshuku Nakano is a family-run guesthouse located in the southern part of Chikatsuyu village. Originally it was frequented by fishermen looking to catch the delicious Ayu sweetfish that thrive in the nearby Hiki-gawa river (the owner is an avid fisherman himself), but they have opened their home and hearts to walkers and pilgrims on the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route. It is located 10 minutes on foot from the Chikatsuyu-oji.
Meals are prepared by a nearby cafe called Waraji-jaya. The evening meal is delivered to the minshuku in a bento box style. Breakfast is served at the cafe, around a 5-minute walk. The lunch box is a set of local rice balls which is picked up at the cafe.
"No Meals" plan only.
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
|Number of Rooms||5|
● Guests lay out their own futons in the evening.
● No air conditioning.
Fans available in summer and electric heaters in winter.
● Private bath taken in turns by guests up to 20:00.
● Showers only available from 7:00.
● No Meals option only.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Only Japanese.
- Shuttle service
- Luggage storage
- ● Western style and Japanese style toilets.
● Free use of washer. Detergent not supplied. No dryer.
● Kitchen Facilities:
Plates and utensils
- Access Information
Busses run daily to Chikatsuyu from Kii-Tanabe Station, Shirahama and Hongu.
● ~1 hour by bus from Kii-Tanabe Station (bus timetable #1)
● ~1 hour by bus from Hongu (bus timetable #2)
● ~10 minute walk from "Chikatsuyu-oji 近露王子" bus stop
● ~1 minute walk from "Kakidaira 柿平" bus stop
- Shuttle Service
Free parking for up to 6 vehicles.