Minshuku Teruteya is a small guesthouse tucked into the mountain side in the hot spring village of Yunomine Onsen, and is run by the hospitable Ms. Fujikawa. The meals are lovingly handmade with fresh, local ingredients. Teruteya is the princess in the legend of Oguri Hangan, who was miraculously healed in the Tsuboyu Bath. The three guestrooms are located on the second floor and the communal dining room and onsen bath are on the ground floor. This inn is decorated with handmade crafts and paintings by Ms. Fujikawa.
Yunomine Onsen (Hongu)
97 Yunomine, Hongu-cho, Tanabe City, Wakayama Prefecture, 647-1732
478 256 877*71
15:00 - 18:00
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
- Breakfast & Supper
|Number of Rooms||3|
Ensuite toilet: No
|Meals served in dining room from 18:00 (Japanese style)|
|Meals served in dining room from 7:00~8:00. (Japanese style)|
- Vegetarian Meals
Type A Meat No Fish &
Yes Eggs Yes Dairy
Yes Katsuo Dashi
Facilities & Services
- Free WIFI (Guestroom)
- Only Japanese
- Lunch box
- Washing machine (detergent free）
- Access Information
Busses run daily to Yunomine Onsen from Kii-Tanabe Station, Shingu Station and Gojo.
● 1hr 30 min by bus from Kii-Tanabe Station (bus timetable 1)
● ~1 hour 10 minutes by bus from Shingu Station (bus timetable 3)
● ~4 hours by bus from Gojo (bus timetable 4)
● ~10 minutes by bus from Kumano Hongu Taisha (bus timetable 11)
● 3 minute walk from "Yunomine Onsen 湯の峰温泉" bus stop
- Shuttle Service
No parking spots.
Please use public parking at the south end of Yunomine village.