Minshuku Yunosato is a small guesthouse 1 kilometer south of Yunomine Onsen hot spring and is run by a friendly second generation family.
Minshuku Yunosato overlooks the beautiful Yomura-gawa river, a popular swimming hole for locals during the summer.
With pictures of their family in the communal dining room, dog outside the front door, and fish tank in the lobby, it has the atmosphere of a home stay.
The water for the indoor and outdoor hot spring baths is sourced from Yunomine Onsen. The outdoor rotenburo (available for private use) is near the bridge down a steep staircase, near the river.
Family members are fishermen and their catch of Ayu sweetfish is often on the menu.
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
Supper & Breakfast
|Number of Rooms||4|
- ● Indoor bath open 24 hours, except for cleaning time.● Outdoor bath closes at 22:00.● The outdoor bath is for private use.
Please change the sign at the top of the entrance stairs.NOTE: the staircase to the outdoor bath is very steep, so please be careful.
For more information ask at the minshuku.
|Japanese style, served in restaurant from 18:00～20:00|
|Japanese style, served in restaurant from 7:00～8:00|
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Facilities & Services
- Free Wi-Fi (Guestroom)
- Free Wi-Fi (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- ● Free Wi-Fi, but signal may be weak in some guestrooms.● Free use of washing machine and detergent.
- Access Information
Minshuku Yunosato is located ~1km south of Yunomine Onsen.
Busses run daily to Yunomine Onsen from Kii-Tanabe Station, Shingu Station and Gojo.
● 1hr 30 min by bus from Kii-Tanabe Station (bus timetable 1)
● ~1 hour 10 minutes by bus from Shingu Station (bus timetable 3)
● ~4 hours by bus from Gojo (bus timetable 4)
● ~10 minutes by bus from Kumano Hongu Taisha (bus timetable 11)
● Across the bridge from "Shimoyukawa 下湯川" bus stop
- Shuttle Service
- Not available.
- Free, up to 5 vehicles.