Mitaki Sanso has the privilege of being the only accommodation on Nachisan, located just below the Kumano Nachi Taisha and Seiganto-ji Temple.
"Mitaki 美滝" means "beautiful waterfall", and "Sanso 山荘" can be translated as "mountain villa, mountain retreat, or mountain cottage", is an appropriate name for this lodging in the mountains with beautiful views of the Nachi waterfall, at 133 meters, the tallest in Japan and worshipped as a deity.
Meals feature local produce in dishes, highlighting the seafood from the nearby Pacific coast.
It is a convenient base for walkers on the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route who are starting or finishing the Ogumotori-goe section.
Being located on Nachisan has lent a sort of austere feeling to this accommodation in regards to simplicity and rules, as it often hosts pilgrims to the area. Please familiar yourself with Japanese etiquette before you arrive. And also be sure to check-in by 18:00 at the latest.
545-1 Nachisan, Nachi-Katsuura cho, Higashimuro-gun, Wakayama Prefecture, 649-5301
〒649-5301 和歌山県東牟婁郡 那智勝浦町那智山545-1
246 002 072*67
15:00 - 17:30
Rating & Reviews
- Reception & Service
- Nachisan Lodging; Supper & Breakfast
- Nachisan Lodging; Supper, Breakfast & Lunch box
- Nachisan Lodging; Breakfast
- Nachisan Lodging; No meals
|Number of Rooms||13|
Free WIFI. Strongest signal is in lobby area.
Bath hours: 16:30~ 22:00
Baths are not open in the morning. No shower available in the morning.
|Meals served in dining room from 18:00~ 20:00|
|Meals served in dining room from 7:00~ or 7:30~|
● If you are planning to leave earlier than 7:00 they can prepare some rice balls instead of breakfast. Please inform us if you would like this when making your reservation request.
Fish & Seafood
Katsuo Dashi (Fish broth)
B (not available)
C (not available)
D (not available)
E (not available)
※ Mitaki Sanso is not able to accommodate Type B, C, D and E vegetarian. Also vegetarian meals may not be available during busy times. Thank you for your understanding.
Facilities & Services
- Free WIFI (Guestroom)
- Free WIFI (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Japanese only
- Access Information
Mitaki Sanso is located on the middle of the sacred Nachisan mountain.
● Closest bus stop is "Nachisan 那智山".
● ~25 minutes by bus to/from JR Kii-Katsuura station or JR Nachi station (bus timetable 8)
● ~4 hr by train from Kyoto to Kii-Katsuura station
● ~3 hr 30 min by train from Shin-Osaka to Kii-Katsuura station
● ~1hr 30 min by train from Kii-Tanabe to Kii-Katsuura station
● ~4 hr by train from Nagoya to Kii-Katsuura station
More bus timetables >>
- Shuttle Service
- Not available.
Up to 8 vehicles (Free)