Kumano Kodo House in Chikatsuyu
Yamazakura Annex is part of the Chikatsuyu Cherry Garden “Sakura-no-Sono” set of houses on the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route on the west side of Chikatsuyu village, the first buildings on the left when entering the village.
It is a renovated two story house with shared facilities on the first floor. The three guestrooms are different sizes and a combination of western and Japanese style.
Next to the guest house are terraced fields planted with cherry trees, from which the name of the accommodation is derived: Yamazakura means "mountain cherry". From this vantage point guests have a view of the village.
Meals are a combination of a delivery and handmade dishes for supper, and breakfast at a local café.
Supper, Breakfast & Lunch box
Supper & Breakfast
Private Rental: Supper, Breakfast & Lunch Box
|Number of Rooms||3|
● Two guestrooms with flooring and futon mattresses on 2nd floor.
● All facility is non-smoking.
● Please layout the futon by yourself.
1st floor room
2nd floor room
2nd floor room
- ● Typical Japanese home bath.
● Can be used privately between 15:00~20:00.
|Served from 17:00 at the guest house.|
|Served at Hashiori-jaya from 7:00~10:00. Please bring breakfast coupon to the cafe.|
● Supper is a combination of supper bento box delivered from Kotorinoki cafe, and some dishes made by the owner.
● Breakfast is served at Hashiori-jaya, a short walk from the house.
● Lunch box is supplied by Hashiori-jaya. Please pick up at breakfast.
NOTE: Breakfast and lunchbox coupon will be given at the guesthouse. Please bring these coupons to Hashiori-jaya in the morning when you eat breakfast.※ Vegetarian meals may not be available during busy times.
※ All guests in group may be served the same meal if vegetarian requests are made.
- Vegetarian Meals
: Included : Not Included
Type A Type B Type C Type D Type E
Vegetarianism is not common in the Japanese countryside. Please double-check the Vegetarian Type which the service provider can accommodate to make sure that it meets your needs. Often being able to eat trace amounts of the ubiquitous Katsuo Dashi (fish stock) makes it easier to find options.
NOTE: It is difficult and not culturally sensitive to change meal requests, or make new meal demands, onsite when you arrive at accommodations. Vegetarian types must be confirmed during the reservation process and respected during your visit.
Sample supper bento box
Sample breakfast at Hashiori-jaya
Facilities & Services
- Free WIFI (Guestroom)
- Free WIFI (Lobby)
- Credit Card
- Not accepted
- Traveler's Cheques
- Not accepted
- Basic English
- Bicycle rental
- ● Free WIFI
● Washing machine 300 yen per use (includes washing detergent)
● Free Bicycles to use
- Access Information
- Busses run daily to Chikatsuyu from Kii-Tanabe Station, Shirahama and Hongu.● ~1 hour by bus from Kii-Tanabe Station (bus timetable 1)
● ~1 hour by bus from Hongu (bus timetable 2)
● less than 5 minute walk from "Chikatsuyu-oji 近露王子" bus stop
● less than 5 walk from "Nakahechi Art Museum なかへち美術館" bus stop
● First buildings in Chikatsuyu village when approaching on the Kumano Kodo from the west.
- Shuttle Service
- Not available.
- For two vehicles: Free.
Please ask for parking spot when making the reservation request.